How to believe in yourself

I think throughout my life I have seen and heard way too much advice that tell you to simply 'have more confidence', 'believe in yourself', 'don't be ashamed of who you truly are' or 'you are perfect as you are'. No. It is not that easy to just believe in yourself. It is like asking someone to make a leap of faith across the Petronas towers and not expect you to fall.

I am a shit person. I am selfish and it is evident in all the small actions I do. I am sure a lot of people have a score to pick with themselves and telling them to just believe in yourself is like turning a blind eye to your opponent. What I believe in is actually looking straight at a problem you have with yourself and tackling it head on.

Well now that doesn't sound easy as well since it makes you feel more shit thinking that you are shit but I think of it as building a bridge instead of jumping between skyscrapers. You start with the first plank and move on from there.

I used to see it as something alien as people make it sound so simple, but in reality it is not. You have to scope in to every little details and solve it one by one. Like how if you can't get a girlfriend, maybe it is because you are sometimes too lazy to brush your teeth in the morning. (By the way this is a legit problem I suffer from, pls help.)

I suddenly had the urge to write this because I'm currently low on self-esteem and I want to try to make myself sound cool but I hope anyone reading this find at least a bit of worth in it as well, before forgetting it the next second that is. The main point is, next time, instead of believing in yourself, I think it is more right to believe in every little bit of yourself. What I'm saying is that brushing my teeth in the morning actually fills me with a little determination that I'm not a filthy fuck. And I guess every little bit of determination helps, even if it is only for the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

86: Where Paradise resides

86: When do ideals spill blood

Sonny Boy: The Human Sandbox

Lycoris Recoil: The Art of Presenting Information

86: Staging depression since 2021